Released in 2007, Alcest's debut album, "Souvenirs d'un autre monde", marks the starting point of the band's extraordinary career.
With the release of "Souvenirs d'un autre monde", Alcest mastermind Neige forged a luminous new sound that floats on the fringes of metal, yet incorporates emotions of euphoria, bliss and nostalgia. The singer and multi-instrumentalist dedicated the album to his childhood memories of experiences in a spiritual otherworld; personal themes that would become conceptual cornerstones of subsequent Alcest albums.
"Souvenirs..." became known as one of the fundamental releases of the Blackgaze / Post-Black Metal genre, a record that continually influences countless other bands in its wake, and was selected by Pitchfork as one of its "50 Best Shoegaze Albums of All Time"
Anniversary book (CD edition):
- 18x18 cm, 48 pages including:
- Alternate cover artwork by longtime Alcest photographer Andy Julia that was originally used for the first LP pressing of the album!
- In-depth essay written by Neige. Chapters include: Back in 2007 | Genesis & concept | Recording | Musical influences | Retrospective
- Additional exclusive essays by Andy Julia and Aaron Weaver (Wolves in the Throne Room)
- Lyrics with English translation
- Many rare and unpublished photos of Neige from the "Souvenirs d'un autre monde" era!
1. Printemps Emeraude
2. Souvenirs D'Un Autre Monde
3. Les Iris
4. Ciel Errant
5. Sur L'Autre Rive Je T'Attendrai
6. Tir Nan Og