Five years after the compilation album "Open Wounds", Italian 'suicide pop' trio Spiritual Front will release its new album, "Amour Braque" via Auerbach Tonträger / Prophecy Productions. French for 'Mad Love', "Amour Braque" is conceptually described as "a sincere and cruel analysis of what love/sex relations are, a path that switches between tenderness and rot".
Formed in 1999 as the solo project of Simone H. Salvatori, Spiritual Front dubs its sound "catchy ballads for heartbreaker nihilist youth"; its Morricone-inspired neofolk channels art rock, tango, new wave and country influences through a modern lens. Spiritual Front's unique musical identity is a reflection of Salvatori's savoir-faire which sees the frontman as a sort of Machiavellian playboy, merging Las Vegas-esque pomp and stomp with a surly suggestiveness, lending the band's sound a hedonistic flair. The lyrical themes shared by Salvatori deal with issues such as searching for self-identity, sexuality, harsh realities and angry break-ups, each tinted with sarcasm, nihilism and biting humor. In its time as a band, Spiritual Front has contributed to the soundtracks of the TV series "Las Vegas" and the motion picture "Saw 2" as well as independent films, theatre productions and modern ballets.
"Amour Braque" is Spiritual Front's sixth full-length album. The record combines gloomy alternative rock, dark folk and chamber pop with standout 60's blues rock vibes. Featuring striking cover art by cult surrealist artist Saturno Buttò, "Amour Braque" features guest musicians Matt Howden, King Dude, Client and more.
01. Intro/Love's vision
02. Tenderness through violence
04. The abyss of heaven
05. Children of the black light
06. Pain is love
07. Beauty and decay
08. Devoted to you
09. This past was only mine
11. An end named hope
12. The man I've become
13. Vladimir central
01. Battuage reprise
02. Devotion like emptiness
03. This past was never mine
04. The tender caress of violence
05. I am your black sun
06. My heart out
07. Don't speak my name
08. My Dead charade
09. Does your sex open any door?
10. Dear Lucifer (acoustic version)
11. Protect me
12. My love won't fade (acoustic version)
Prophecy: Music and identity since 1996.
From 1996 on when we put out our first release, Prophecy has represented identity-establishing music and high-quality product design.
Prophecy is part of SPKR.
Multifaceted, independent media group specializing in the discovery, manufacturing, distribution and presentation of high quality music and art.
Shipping, Charges, Free goodies
• Germany 4,99 €
• Abroad individual shipping costs depending on weight and countryFree goodies:
• You will receive the label compilation CD if you order for € 25,01 and more (concert tickets not included)
• You will receive the label compilation DVD if you order for € 100 and more (concert tickets not included)
All these goodies are only available while stocks last.
• Via PayPal
• Via credit card (Visa, MasterCard) - Only for regular customers
• Via sofortbanking.de
• Via direct debit (Germany-based and regular customers only)